Monday, July 11, 2011

Son of Slavery

Born of a woman planted by a man
I know not who brought me to this land
I roam I die I I know history is a lie
My forefathers were brave even though they were enslaved

New language new rules, I accepted like a fool
How will I cope? My generation has no hope
Moving around from place to place
Time is the master of my faith
Born of a woman planted by a man
Where do I belong?

My arms are strong my heart is weak
I know you know that spells defeat
Trying and trying to be my best
Am I the only one on this quest?
My stress is black my shackles are white
But still I fight the fight

Traps are set for me similar to the ones of slavery
But now I can't see them physically
The system was designed without me in mind
They set poverty and crime like whips to my behind
Born of a woman planted by a man
I have no identity, a black man is what I am

lking

No comments:

Post a Comment